FOIL FAQ - Police Reports

Why can I not obtain a City, Village or NYS police report from the Office of the Clerk of the Legislature? Where should I go to obtain this information?

Answer: The Office of the Clerk of the Legislature can only help with obtaining reports from the Broome County Sheriff and Broome County Government Security. The office does not have access to the New York State Police or local Municipal Police Departments. To obtain records from these departments contact the department directly. Contact information for local municipal police agencies and State Police are as follows:

        City of Binghamton Police Department - (607) 772-7094
        Town of Vestal Police Department - (607) 754-2386
        Village of Deposit Police Department - (607) 467-5188
        Village of Endicott Police Department - (607) 757-2414
        Village of Port Dickinson Police Department - (607) 722-1255
        Village of Johnson City Police Department: 
             Accident Reports - (607) 798-9561   Criminal Reports - (607) 798-9475

        New York State Police FOIL Information: